The ASSA and our member clubs across the state are committed to expanding and improving the options for league play for both youth and adult soccer teams. League play is a vital part of the soccer experience, as it brings teams together from different clubs and communities to engage in meaningful, developmentally-appropriate games. Leagues make it easy for coaches to arrange a full schedule of games for their players, while avoiding the high costs generally associated with the entry fees and travel expenses associated with traditional weekend tournaments.
Leagues generally follow a tiered structure. At the entry level, clubs and associations provide "house leagues" that allow recreational-level players to play games against other recreational teams in their local area. As players develop, they can move into "area" or "district" leagues that provide a higher level of competition, yet may require a greater amount of travel for some games. The Arkansas State League serves players at the classic (select) level; teams at the older ages will be grouped with teams of similar ability from across the state. Teams that finish first or second in the Arkansas State Championships earn the right to advance to the Region III Premier League, where they will be scheduled to compete against teams from across the southeastern United States.
Region III Southern Regional Premier League
- Designed for the highest level teams in the state. Teams must qualify for this league.
- AR teams will play teams in AR, North LA, West TN, and North MS
- Although any AR team can apply for the league, the top two AR teams in each age bracket automatically qualify to enter the PL.
- Ages: U14 & U13 in the Spring 2017.
- This league qualifies teams for the Arkansas State Championships.
- Deadline to register is December 23rd.
Arkansas State League (Classic League)
- Open to U8-U10 Academy, U11-U19 Arkansas Teams only.
- Designed for Gold, Silver and Bronze level teams.
- This league qualifies teams for the Arkansas State Championship and Governor's Cup.
- For league rules click here.
- For coach and team manager contacts click here.
- To view schedule click here.
Arkansas Recreational Leagues
- Offered for recreational teams in various locations around the state.
- Ages U8 - U19.
- Registration deadline is February 13, 2017.
- The scheduling meeting is tentatively scheduled for February 18, 2017.
- Registration is now open for this league. Click here to register.
- To see what teams have been accepted into the league click here.
- To view the Central AR Recreational League Schedule click here.
Northwest Arkansas Recreational Leagues
- Offered for recreational teams in the northwest district of the state as well as for teams in Oklahoma and Missouri who are registered with their State Associations.
- Ages U12-U19
- Registration Deadline is February 15th.
- To register your team click here.