2022-23 ASA ODP Tryouts and Training Sessions - DATES BELOW!
New & Prospective Players Registration Link
Returning Players Registration Link
While ODP is open to anyone, players that are selected must be a part of USYS since ODP is a USYS event. That means that if a non-ASA players is selected and wishes to participate, in addition to the $225 ODP charge, they'll need to pay the $28 Classic Player Registration Fee. All players selected to the ODP program will have free access to Athlete Match, a company that assists student athletes with finding colleges that best suit them academically and athletically.
Train to Develop. Play to Win.
For the 2022 – 2023 ODP Cycle ASA will tentatively attend two regional events as a state team. However, as like previous years, only individual players will be selected to attend the Intra-Regional Combine and ODP South Regional Camp. Below is the tentative schedule for the 2022- 2023 ODP Cycle:
• Training Center & Player ID Event – September 17-18, 2022 in Little Rock. The girls on Saturday, and boys Sunday.
NOTE DATE CHANGE FOR THE GIRLS:
GIRLS: SUNDAY, September 18 - 3:00-4:30: 2011/2012 on Field 13; 2010 on Field 14; 2009 on Field 15. 5:00-6:30: 2008 on Field 13; 2007 on Field 14; 2006 on Field 15
BOYS: SUNDAY, September 18 - 3:00-4:30: 2011/2012 on Field 13; 2010 on Field 14; 2009 on Field 15. 5:00-6:30: 2008 on Field 13; 2007 on Field 14; 2006 on Field 15
• Training Center & Player ID Event – October 8-9, 2022 in NWA. The girls on Saturday, and boys Sunday. Field and age group time TBA.
• Training Center & Player ID Event – November 19-20, 2022 in Little Rock. The girls on Saturday, and boys on Sunday. Field and age group time TBA.
• Training Center & Player ID Event – December 10-11, 2022 in NWA. The girls on Saturday, and boys on Sunday. Field and age group time TBA.
• South Texas Sub-regional friendlies, December 17-18, 2022 in Round Rock, TX. Round Rock Multipurpose Complex. State gender and age group teams. Teams to TBA.
• Training Center & Player ID Event – January 7-8, 2023 in Little Rock. The girls on Saturday, and boys on Sunday. Field and age group time TBA.
• ODP Interregional Showcase – February 18-20, 2023 in Memphis, TN. Mike Rose Soccer Complex. State gender and age group teams. Teams to TBA.
• Training Center & Player ID Event – March 11-12, 2023 in NWA. The girls on Saturday, and boys on Sunday. Field and age group time TBA.
• Training Center & Player ID Event – April 22-23, 2023 in Little Rock. The girls on Saturday, and boys on Sunday. Field and age group time TBA.
• ODP South Intra-Regional Scouting & College Combine – June 2-4, 2023 in Murfreesboro, TN. Richard Siegel Soccer Park. Invited individual players only.
• ODP South Girls Region Camp. Date and location TBA. Invited individual players only.
• ODP South Boys Region Camp. Date and location TBA. Invited individual players only.
The US Youth Soccer ODP Philosophy
To identify players of the highest caliber on a continuing and consistent basis, which will lead to increased success for the U.S. National Teams in the international arena.
To identify and provide opportunities for high potential players, facilitate their development, and expose them to the next level of their chosen pathway.
To be a nationally recognized youth identification and development pathway for US soccer players.
How do I participate?
Contact your local US Youth Soccer State Association office to find out more about getting involved with US Youth Soccer ODP. You can find State Association by clicking here. Or, simply contact the US Youth Soccer National Office at email@example.com.
Program Description History
In 1979, the program expanded, the organization became more efficient and multi-year plans were developed. State Associations were encouraged to develop programs which supported and worked in tandem with National and Regional programs. At the beginning of 1982 a formalized program for girls was created, with the addition of a full committee (one member from each Region).
From 1982 until the present, international events for youth national teams have increased substantially and the US Youth Soccer ODP has kept pace by instituting trials and player pools for five age groups in the boys' program, and five age groups in the girls' program.
The US Youth Soccer ODP Selection Process
Each State Association holds ODP try-outs on an annual basis. Age Groups and try-out dates may be different from state to state, based on seasonal and state considerations. Your first contact should be to your State Association for try-out information.
How are Players Selected?
Players are selected, in most states, on the basis of open tryouts. These tryouts are conducted by state association coaches who are recognized for their ability to identify and train players with superior skills. Some state associations combine scouting techniques and invitations to certain players with the open tryouts. Selection of these players is not an easy task. The state association head coach or State Coach will, in most cases, be assisted in the selection process by several other qualified coaches from the club or league level. Players are evaluated on the four components that make up a soccer player:
3. Fitness and Athletic Ability
4. Psychological Component (attitude)
What are Regional Camps?
US Youth Soccer is divided into four regions, each which offers a regional camp for state association ODP teams in each eligible age group. The camps are designed to provide high level competition and training for participating players. During this training and competition, players who are capable of performing at a higher level of play are identified for possible national team camp, pool, or team participation. Each region varies somewhat as to the specifics and the cost of their camps. Your state association or regional administrator should be contacted for more information.
What is a National Camp?
National Camps and Interregional events are held throughout the year at various locations in the United States. The National Team Coach or a National Staff Coach is present at these events to observe, train, and identify players for placement in the national pool or on a national team.
What are the Benefits of Participating in US Youth Soccer ODP?
1. Development as a player. The opportunity to train and play with the best player's in one's age group.
2. Quality instruction from nationally licensed coaches.
3. Quality competition. Games against other state association ODP teams.
4. Exposure to regional and national team coaches.
5. The opportunity to represent one's state, region, or country in competition.
6. Exposure to college coaches.