UYSA Yellow Guidelines Updated
Spectators Allowed While Practicing Social Distancing
Sandy, UT - 06/23/2020
After multiple conversations with the health department over the last week, we have decided to move forward with allowing spectators to attend our upcoming Summer Friendly Series matches.
While we are excited to see parents back on the sidelines for these friendly matches it’s important to note that all coaches, team managers, and spectators must strictly adhere to the responsibilities outlined below. In addition, all parties are also responsible for following individual field/venue rules that differ from ours.
- Coaches must always wear masks when addressing the team or players within a 6ft
- Limit equipment brought to games, disinfecting all equipment before / after use
- Do not allow players to share pennies, other equipment, or water bottles
- Report confirmed cases of COVID-19 to member organization immediately and cease
trainings and games
- Require parents to confirm their child is symptom free before attending training by
answering three questions:
1. Do you have a temperature at ≥ 38°C (100.4°F)
2. Are you currently experiencing any symptoms including fever, cough, shortness of breath, lost sense of smell or taste, nausea/vomiting/diarrhea?
3. Do you have anyone in your household that has tested positive for COVID-19, or exhibited a fever, cough, or shortness of breath?
*If your team doesn’t have a team manager or a team manager isn’t present at a summer friendly series match, either the head coach or an assistant coach must assume the team manager responsibilities.
Team Manager Responsibilities:
- Monitor social distancing on sidelines by spectators
- Monitor congregating of parents at the fields or in the parking lot pregame, halftime, or postgame
- Send out communication (text/email) to parents prior to games reminding them of social distancing and congregation guidelines
- Only sit in designated spectator areas (same as regular league matches)
- Abide by social distancing policy of 6ft away from other spectators outside of your household
- No congregating on sidelines or in parking lot before, during, or after matches
- Sit a minimum of 10ft off sideline
- Under no circumstances can a parent approach or be in the designated team area
- Wear masks when interacting with other spectators, coaches, referees, or other players within a radius of 6ft
- Stay home if you have any signs or symptoms of being sick
- If you are a person of high risk, do not attend
- Symptom check their players before arriving at field
- Avoid contact with any players or spectators outside of your households
As we celebrate a return-to-play with the Summer Friendly Series, our ultimate goal is to get through it with everyone healthy so there are no interruptions to the Fall season. It’s imperative that all spectators take accountability for their behavior on the sidelines and follow UYSA guidelines when attending matches.
Please let us know if you have any questions.