Skip to Main Content

The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.

UYSA Postpones the Start of the Season Past Initial Two-Week Suspension Announcement

UYSA Postpones the Start of the Season Past Initial Two-Week Suspension Announcement | Working with Club Leadership to Determine Future of Spring League

March 27, 2020 - Sandy, UT


UYSA is closely monitoring the Corona Virus situation both on a national and local level. Like you, our hope is to get back on the field but only in the safest capacity- this goes for our players, coaches, referees, and spectators. Based on recent updates from the CDC as well as the recommendation from Utah State Governor Herbert, the season will not be able to start on the 30th, the date of our original 2-week delay announcement.

A return to play date has not yet been determined due to the ever evolving nature of this matter; However, Utah Youth Soccer Association is currently working with club and state leadership to work towards a solution to return to play as quickly and safely as possible- all while complying with healthcare and government officials’ guidelines concerning COVID-19. The best case scenario would see a return to soccer activities starting in early May.

UYSA will continue to update membership as decisions are made, but please be assured that the safety of the players and families is the number one concern. We want to assure you that although we are looking at this situation optimistically, we are not naive to fact that this pandemic may affect us past the spring season. However, we want to be prepared for a situation where there is a chance to resume play for a spring season. So, while the current situation with school closings and professional leagues suspending play until much later dates appears grim, UYSA continues to be optimistic and will make decisions based on most current updates available. The goal is to get the kids back on the field.

We look forward to working with club leadership to make this happen keeping in mind these three points:

(1) We will only return to soccer activities when our medical partners, local, and state government say it is safe to do so. The health and safety of our members is our highest priority. Always.

(2) If we can resume soccer activities and a spring competitive season is a part of that, we will allow some buffer time before games are started to facilitate practices.

(3) If we can resume soccer activities we will not squeeze a normal season's worth of play into an unsafe and shortened amount of time. If we are able to resume play, it will first and foremost be to allow opportunities for our players and coaches to develop in and enjoy the game they love.

Yours in Soccer,

Utah Youth Soccer Association