July 30, 2020
Southern Utah Inter-Regional League
Fall 2020 Schedules
SU-IRL Fall 2020 Schedules
Please read this letter carefully and remember these following dates:
Schedule posted deadline: 8/4/2020
Free Reschedule deadline: 8/18/2020 Midnight Utah Time
Season Opens 8/22/2020 22nd
Labor Day Break for ALL TEAMS: 9/4-7/2020
Fall break Washington County Teams: 10/15-17th/2020
Fall Break Iron County Teams: 10/17/20
Nevada Day Break Nevada Teams: 10/30-31st/2020
Last Game Day: 10/31/2020
Here are a couple of things to keep in mind for this Fall Season!
- I am still waiting to hear back from most area High Schools on available dates. Therefore games listed on the schedule as SG TBD 1 and 2 will be assigned to whichever H.S.'s are available on those particular dates. Also due to this delay I was unable to assign any particular teams and or clubs to any specific H.S. My apologies.
- With LVP being completely unavailable from Sept 1st through October 24th, we are SEVERELY limited on field space and have ABSOLUTELy NO SMALL SIDED fields available for weeknight games! (With the exception of the first Tuesday and Thursday of the season and all time slots on those days are taken. PLEASE ADVISE YOUR TEAMs!! This situation has resulted in a much higher number of Double Headers than normal and far more than I would like to have! Again, my apologies!
- Also due to a NON-UYSA Tournament in the ST. George area on September 24th, we have almost no options for fields! We have games scheduled for that day on a few of our regular fields, and we also have games scheduled for SG TBD 8 and 9, and I will hopefully be able to quickly find a venue where those games can be played.
- Referees are again in short supply so even if we could find more field space on Saturdays we are virtually maxed out on the amount of referees available, especially adult referees.
- Also when requesting reschedules with any Mesquite teams please keep in mind that Washington County School District has informed us that NO OUT OF STATE TEAMS will be allowed on their properties this season. In other words, if you have a game against an FCM team there is a real good chance it is already scheduled at the only place and time that it can be this season.
I know that none of this is great news, and as always Kariann and I will do our very best to work with teams on reasonable reschedule requests. However please be patient and ask your teams to do the same!
On a positive note, we are moving along quite well on the Shivwits project so the time is coming soon that a very large portion of our field related scheduling issues will be greatly minimized!!
Below is the reschedule process, please follow it carefully and please be patient with the process this season!
- Contact the opposing coach directly (Not through Affinity, yet) to find 2 or 3 alternative game dates with an a.m. or p.m. preference.
- Email the alternative dates to all 3 of the following:
- The opposing coach
- Terry Ogden @ firstname.lastname@example.org to verify field availability
- Kariann Atkin @ email@example.com to verify referee availability.
Please put "RESCHEDULE REQUEST" in the memo portion of the email and remember it is up to you to follow up with us if you do not hear back within 24-36 hours!!
- If and when your reschedule date is approved by both Kariann and Terry Ogden you will then need to request the approved date through the Affinity system and follow up with the opposing coach to make sure it gets accepted.
IF YOU RECEIVE A RESCHEDULE REQUEST FROM AN OPPOSING COACH THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE AN APPROVAL FROM KARIANN OR TERRY, DO NOT ACCEPT IT!!
- Each Team has 2 reschedule requests available. If used and completed prior to the free reschedule request deadline (MIDNIGHT August 18TH, 2020) then the reschedule request are no charge. THE DEADLINE FOR ALL GAMES RESCHEDULED AFTER August 18TH, 2020 IS 5 FULL DAYS PRIOR TO KICKOFF TIME OF THE MATCH!
- If the requests are made or completed after the free reschedule request deadline has past, there is a $50.00 fee charged to your c.c. when the reschedule is completed through Affinity. The free reschedule request deadline will expire 2 weeks after the schedule is released.
- All reschedule requests must be COMPLETED a FULL 5 Days prior to the originally scheduled kick off time for the game. This includes games scheduled prior to the reschedule request deadline!
Please remember the following are errors and will not count as one of your 2 free reschedule requests:
You will still need to follow the procedure listed above, but you need to notify Kariann and Terry of the reason for the request.
- Out of County weeknight games. These are automatically generated by the system and we don't always catch all of them. (Exception for Fall 2020 Season, there will be some of these games in some brackets)
- Double headers with less than approximately 3 full hours between games, double headers will be more likely for teams that live outside of Washington County, this due to our trying to keep teams from traveling during the week.
- Games scheduled over State Cup. If your team is participating in UYSA State Cup we will gladly reschedule any conflicting league matches.