Can you believe we are halfway through the 2017 Fall season? We would like to take a quick minute to refresh you with a few seasonal reminders to help you have a successful remainder of your fall season.
As always, if you have any questions about these reminders or would prefer a bit more detail, please contact the UYSA State Office. We are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-5PM as a resource to our members.
1. Entering Games Scores into Affinity Sports
- After each game, it is the winning teams’ responsibility to enter in the score of the game.
- If there is a tied game, the home team is responsible to enter in the final match score.
*Instructions on entering scores into Affinity Sports can be found by clicking here.
2. Last Day to Play League Games
- November 15, 2017 is the last day to play AND record Fall league games.
- If games are not recorded into Affinity Sports by 11:50PM, they will be considered an “abandoned game” and each team will receive zero (0) points.
3. Reschedule Process Reminders
- Reschedules must be completed (5) five days before the original scheduled date
- Example: Game scheduled Saturday at 1PM, reschedule must be completed before Monday at 1PM
- Before clicking the reschedule request button, the HOME team must have field and referee approval
- Contact your field and ref assignor outside of Affinity to confirm arrangements
- Away teams must have an email from the home team with the field and referee assignor’s approval
- The team initiating the reschedule should be the one clicking the reschedule button
*If you are rescheduling for weather, no referees, or unplayable fields, DO NOT click the reschedule button. Send the reschedule request information to email@example.com
4. Game Day Rosters and Digital Player Cards
- Prior to fifteen (15) minutes after the starting time of the match, a representative of each Team must present an Affinity generated team roster to the referee. The roster may be presented in physical (printed game day roster) or digital form (digital player cards). Failure to provide an Affinity generated roster to the referee within the required time limit will result in a forfeit.
- As the Digital Player Card platform is newer and still evolving, if there are any discrepancies between a Game Day Roster and the Digital Player Cards, the Game Day Rosters will take precedence over the Digital Player Cards and be the official team roster used for that game.
- If coaches do not have their concussion certificate entered into their Affinity Sports account, they are ineligible to coach. Please make sure that you have entered your concussion certificate into Affinity. The Digital Player Cards are not red-lining coaches off of rosters due to the concussion certificates not being entered into Affinity. If coaches are using DPC and do not have a concussion certificate entered in your coaching account and the other team has a Game Day Roster, the Game Day Roster will take precedence and the coach (without the certificate) will be unable to coach, potentially resulting in a forfeit.
- Coaches and Team Managers are advised to print the match roster as close to match time as possible.
Again, if you have any questions or would like more details on these 4 topics, please contact the UYSA State Office for more details! 801-307-5150