Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience
Benefits: Life insurance, health insurance, short term disability, retirement plan, Section 125/FSA, paid time off (holidays, vacation, sick, compensatory time off), flex scheduling
Iowa Soccer Association and Des Moines: The Iowa Soccer Association is a dynamic and cutting edge state soccer association located in the heart of the Midwest. Iowa Soccer is the leader for youth and adult affiliation in Iowa and is a member of US Youth Soccer, US Adult Soccer and US Soccer. The office is located in Des Moines where the cost of living is reasonable and the quality of life is beyond compare. In 2014/15 Des Moines was ranked as the #1 best city for young professionals; #1 city for strongest local economy (POLICOM); #2 city for jobs (Forbes); and the 2nd best city for business and careers (Forbes).
Description: The Director of Recreational Programs is responsible for administering and executing all aspects of Iowa Soccer’s recreational programs – including tournaments, league play, festivals and more.
The Director of Recreational Programs is a full time, salaried position reporting directly to the Director of Competitions. Regular business hours are 8-5 with some evenings and weekends. For additional information please contact Craig Winger at 515-252-6363 x106 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes will be accepted until April 30, 2016 or until the position is filled.
Our Mission: Iowa Soccer’s mission is to provide soccer opportunities with our vision being that soccer is the sport of choice. The Recreational Programs Director is a new, full-time position in our organization and it reflects our commitment to supporting and expanding opportunities for our recreational members of all ages. We're seeking a team member who is passionate about growing our sport in Iowa and who has the skills and drive to carry out a wide range of responsibilities and to develop new programming.
Recreational Programs Director Job Summary:
Responsible for administering and executing all aspects of Iowa Soccer’s youth and adult recreational level programming, which includes tournaments, league play, festivals and more. Working with the Director of Competitions, will help shape and execute a coordinated playing opportunity pathway through Iowa Soccer programming for recreational-level players of all ages. As-needed, will assist the Director of Competitions with the administration of additional Iowa Soccer Programming.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities in Established Programs:
- Iowa Soccer Recreational (Level 3) Tournament Director
- Iowa Soccer League (Level 3) League Director
- Programming responsibilities:
- Event Management (Pre, Post, Onsite)
- Online Registration Management
- Day to Day program maintenance
- Rule and policy enforcement, compliance and development
- Budget development and management
Responsibility for Developing New Programming:
- Collaboration with Iowa Soccer Director of Competitions, Iowa Soccer Director of Coaching, club directors of coaching, Iowa Soccer member clubs and adults in assessing program statuses and needs going forward so as to advance existing and develop new recreational programming
- Eventual coordination with adult member leagues to support and enhance existing programs and develop new opportunities
Additional duties include:
- Maintain updated program and event participant database
- Execute regular electronic communications with participants
- Keep webpages updated as information is added or changed
- Help develop and execute the “Iowa Soccer competitions experience” marketing message
- Order give-away items or awards, assemble packets or gift bags, photocopying, post-season/event follow-up, etc.
- Hiring, supervising contract workers
- Selecting, scheduling, supervising, training volunteers
- Other duties as assigned
- Able to work in coordination and collaboration with others as well as work independently to complete job requirements
- Experience managing, developing and leading programs
- Background in soccer preferred, but not required
- Experience in event management
- Ambitious and eager to develop and push new ideas
- Microsoft Office essentials: proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to pick up quickly on software currently being used, including web content editor
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Sound writing skills and communication abilities
- Ability to lift/move items up to 40 pounds
- Programming involves weekend and evening commitments as programs dictate
- Flexible weekday schedule with option to work remotely as needed to balance out weekend or evening commitments
- State wide travel
- Office work area, cell phone and laptop provided by Iowa Soccer
If interested, please email cover letter and resume, with the subject line “DRP application”, to
email@example.com by April 30. Click here for .pdf version of description.