Three US Soccer courses have been added. Registration is now open and spots are limited.
Courses offered currently:
Blended Grassroots 7v7 and 11v11 Courses logistics:
11v11: Webinar October 16th 6:00 pm
Field Component: October 18th 3:30 pm Boise Area
7v7: Webinar October 15th 6:00 pm
Field Component: October 18th 12:30 pm Boise Area
Blended National D License Course logistics:
Opening Webinar Date: November 12th 7:00 pm
Weekly Webinar Date(s): Thursday November 19th, December 3rd ,10th, 17th January 14th, 21st, 28th February 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th at 7:00 pm.
On-Field Component: March 14th 8:00 am - 6:00 pm Boise Area
Blended Grassroots Course Description:
The 11v11 (Same for 7v7) Blended Course is a four-hour course that builds on the principles covered in U.S. Soccer’s Introduction to Grassroots Coaching Module. Specifically, coaches will learn more about U.S. Soccer’s Grassroots Coaching Education Philosophy, Play-Practice-Play Methodology, the Six Tasks of a Coach, and the characteristics of players aged 13 and older. The course will also ask each coach to reflect on their experiences to develop action steps for personal growth in the Six Tasks (Coaching Games, Coaching Training Sessions, Leading the Team, Leading the Player, Managing the Performance Environment, and Leadership).
Coaches will be asked to participate in discussions so each person should have access to a web-camera/live video capabilities.Coaches may be asked to participate in the field component as either coaches or players, so please come prepared to actively learn. Coaches may be asked to participate in the field component as either coaches or players, so please come prepared to actively learn.
Blended National D Course Description:
The Blended National D license is a 40 to 45-hour course, that begins in late 2020 with an online experience and ends with a one-day on-field component in early 2021.
The course is designed for the grassroots coach working with youth players U6 to U13 in a participation driven environment and focuses on all four game models as outlined in the Player Development Initiatives (4v4 / 7v7 / 9v9 / 11v11). The goals of the course are to help coaches understand how: • to create game-like training sessions that encourage players’ ownership (decision-making) • to create a game day environment that encourages players’ ownership (decision-making)
- Coaches who register for this course can expect weekly learning opportunities that will feature a mixture of independent learning using online modules and live virtual meetings led by a licensed U.S. Soccer Instructor.
- Coaches will be asked to participate in discussions so each person should have access to the internet and a web-camera/live video capabilities. The virtual meetings will take place agreed upon days and times (see below).
- Coaches may be asked to participate in the field component as either coaches or players, so please come prepared to actively learn.
- Candidates that register for this course are expected to attend all course meetings to be eligible to receive the license.
Eligibility Requirements for National D:
A unique combination of three of the eight Grassroots Licenses now formally represent the prerequisite to progress to the U.S. Soccer D License. Specifically, candidates must have completed a minimum of three grassroots courses, in the form of two in-person courses and one online course:
• Two in-person courses (one of which must be the 11v11)
• One online course across any of the four levels (4v4, 7v7, 9v9, 11v11)
Coaching candidates who have earned the E or F License will have the following opportunities to use those certifications toward the D License prerequisites:
• U.S. Soccer E License Introduction to Grassroots Coaching Module
• U.S. Soccer F License Introduction to Grassroots Coaching Module 11v11 in-person license one other in-person license Course Structure:
http://www.idahoyouthsoccer.org/coaches/ussf_coaches_education/ (recommended if not already familiar with the Digital Learning Center)
If familiar with the DLC go directly to the U.S. Soccer Learning Center:
Questions: Contact Nicole Arsenault at firstname.lastname@example.org