Air Quality Reschedules
UYSA is committed to providing a safe environment for all of our players, coaches, spectators, referees at games and practices. There are so many different news and reporting sites that report on our Air Quality. After further review, UYSA has found 2 reliable sites that we will be using to monitor the air quality.
The primary monitor is Air Now. Air Now reports directly from the Environmental Protection Agency. To reschedule your game due to air quality you must use the Air Now reporting.
If you are unable to find the city your game is taking place in on the Air Now database, please use the Purple Air monitoring platform in order to process your reschedule.
*AirNow must be unavailable in order for Purple Air to be accepted*
How to Reschedule Process Due to Air Quality
- Games may be cancelled up to 3 hours prior to kick off time based on the air quality reporting.
- Games will not be cancelled if the air quality reporting is not reflecting RED
- If the air quality index is reflecting RED take a screen shot of the air quality report from Air Now and submit that via email to UYSA Scheduler with the game number. email@example.com
- If the game location is listed as Not Available on the Air Now website, please include a screen shot of the error message and use the Purple Air website as your reference.
Ex: The air quality screen shot must include the location of the game and show the time stamp from your computer or phone.
If the location that you are entering is not available you can then use Purpleair.com. You will need to send a screen shot of both screens, but you are required to check airnow.gov FIRST!
Area Not Available Example
Screen shots MUST include the date and time - as highlighted in the examples above.
If the location where the game is scheduled to be played is in the red zone the game can be rescheduled. Coaches may not cancel a match earlier than three (3) hours prior to the game.
Game is scheduled at 12:30 p.m. in Sandy, UT. The team(s) should check the www.airnow.gov website no earlier than 9:30 a.m. for Sandy. If the air quality is green, yellow or orange the teams should plan on playing the match. The home team must notify the referee assignor. If conditions change to red the game can still be canceled inside the three hour window. If the teams are already at the field and the conditions have changed to a red air alert the teams should make sure the referees know that the game will not be played.
Game is scheduled at 12:30 p.m. in Provo, UT. The team(s) should be checking the airnow.gov website at 9:30 a.m. for Provo. If the air quality is red the home team takes the lead on canceling the match. They are required to notify the referee assignor and away team.
- The home team is responsible to notify the opposing team AND referee assignor.
- Failure to notify the referee assignor will require payment of additional referee fees by the home team before the game can be rescheduled.
- If the away team is concerned about the air quality where the game is going to be played they should be in contact with the home team.
- You are encouraged you to find out who your referee assignor is, or how your club wants you to notify the assignor.
- You are encouraged to keep a written record if there is any question as to whether or not the notifications were sent.
UYSA recognizes that yellow is unhealthy for sensitive groups and would encourage coaches to communicate with their players and parents for a decision for the individual players on your team.
If a match is canceled it should be rescheduled within 15 days of the original date of the game. It does not need to be played within those 15 days - just rescheduled. The last date for games to be played and scores entered in November 5.
Please follow the weather related reschedule instructions on the Team Manager FAQ page.