November 23, 2016
We have ODP this weekend in two locations...Please read the entire email as there are common questions on the bottom....
If you are available to help at check-in...email us please ;)
Burns Park Fields 13-14
1-3pm 99-02 Girls Tryout Date
3-5pm 99-02 Boys Tryout Date
Players need to attend a minimum of one session to be considered for the team starting Jan-July. Attending more sessions allows the coaching staff multiple opportunities to evaluate players and make better decisions for the older age groups.
Will Montgomery, Tasha Flynn, John Chisolm, and Zac Moore will be the coaches for the sessions.
Ben Geren, Fort Smith
1-3pm 03-06 Boys
3-5pm 03-06 Girls
We will have a session about building out of the back and go into playing the ball in reverse. This is the first session in NWA so it may be a review from those who attended the previous session at Burns.
We have posted the sessions on our website: http://www.arkansassoccer.org/about_odp/
Coaches for the session: Dave Marshall, Michael Surtees, Tony Dawes, Paul Kimbrough, Max Habereder, Jennifer Pfeiffer
- If you are in Ben Geren this weekend, Jennifer will speak to the parents around 1pm for the first session and 3pm for the second session.
- If you have not received your ODP shirt, you will receive it at your first session. Please arrive at least 20 minutes early to receive your shirt.
- Master Schedules were updated last week. We rescheduled the sessions from Dec 3-4 to Dec 10-11 due to low number of coaches available because of US Soccer Education Training and Tournament weekend.
- Jan 2-3 we will have a camp in NWA. We are checking coaches availability first to see if it will be an all day camp or just an afternoon. More details will be posted next week and registration for winter camps will open next week.
- Emails were sent about the ODP trip to England. Please respond directly to them if you are interested: firstname.lastname@example.org Jennifer will approve final rosters for the trip to make sure they are competitive and age appropriate. Parents/families are welcomed to attend also.
- If you cannot attend a session, please email us at ODP@arkansassoccer.org so we can try to keep an accurate head count for coaching staff. We assume you will attend the sessions if you do not email us.
- You are welcomed to attend any/all sessions for your age group. We try to have both lists at check-in but you may need to be written in for the coaches notes.
- We do not penalize players for not attending sessions. Each training session is an opportunity for the coaches to evaluate players for selections to events and final summer camps.
- We try to have Goalkeeper sessions available each week but it depends on the availability of the GK coaches.
- ODP Handbook is on the "about ODP" website page. Please review with your players so they understand the expectations for having success in the program.
November 11, 2016
The first sessions are this weekend for the 03-06 age groups. Here is the schedule for the next two weeks:
Burns Park fields 13-14
Sat, Nov 12 1-3pm for boys 05-06 & 3-5pm for girls 05-06
Sun, Nov 13 1-3pm for boys 03-04 & 3-5pm for girls 03-04
Sun, Nov 27 1-3pm Tryouts for Girls 99-02 & 3-5pm Tryouts for 99-02 Boys
Sun, Nov 27 1-3pm for 03-06 Boys & 3-5pm for 03-06 Girls
Nov 12-13: This weekend we will be working on building out of the back and goalkeepers will work on basic catches and distribution to be added to the team session in Phases 3 and 4.
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your session so we can check-in players, hand out t-shirts, and move the players to their assigned fields. Please make sure your player has shin guards, neutral (no team logo) attire, plenty of water, quality sized ball with air, and good attitude to learn and compete.
We do need some volunteers for check-in so email me if you are available to help 30 minutes prior to the session.
We will have a parent meeting once the sessions start so you can meet me and ask any questions. Most of the staff will be at the State Cup/Governors games this weekend so come and say hello. You never know who is watching you on the soccer field so play well in your games and in all of the training sessions.
Weekly emails/any updates will be posted on the website also: http://www.arkansassoccer.org/odp_news/
Reminder that Facebook is usually the first location we update: https://www.facebook.com/arsoccer/
October 7, 2016
We are working on the schedule and field locations for the sessions this year. Please be patient as we are getting close to open the registration for this year. The programming for this year will have some changes but will include players who were born 98-06. The 99 and 98 age groups will not attend Region camp but are allowed to attend sessions as the program allows.