Registration for the 2017/18 ODP Winter Segment IS OPEN
The Purpose of the Olympic Development Program is to identify national team pool players at an early age and create a training environment to develop opportunities for these players:
- $150 for winter training session for the 05-07 age groups. All players are expected to register online by the state registration deadlines. Late registrations or walk-up registrations at the fields will not be accepted. You must register online to be part of the program. Players will be given a training t-shirt to wear for all of the winter training sessions.
- $30 for all tryout session for the 01-04 age groups. Players will be given a tryout number to wear for the FOUR tryout sessions (two in NWA, two in Central AR). Players must attend at least one session to be selected for the team training that starts in January. The Arkansas State Soccer Association Technical Directors reserves the right to add any player anytime during the ODP year.
- 99/00 Boys and Girls who wish to continue training and were part of the ODP program for 2017-18 can register for $10.
- **SubRegional Events are additional fees but we have limited it to two events this year with one more possibly in June. The coaching staff will determine what teams and age groups will attend the events and not every age group will be selected to attend. We want the teams selected to be successful at the events with balanced competition. We realize the additional costs to our families with travel, hotel, and food.
- To sign up, go to the ASSA ODP Tryout 01-04 and ASSA ODP Registration 05-07 at GotSoccer.
- If you do not know your GotSoccer username and password issued to you by your current club, then please have it sent to you using the Player Password Lookup form.
- If the lookup form does not find a match for your account, you can register using the "New Player Account" form.
- Use the player’s information as listed on his/her player card (name and DOB). Once this information is entered, GotSoccer should cross-reference your current account.
- Click on "Login" to complete your registration.
- If your existing player account does not appear, then continue with the creation of a new account.
If you have any questions regarding the online registration process please contact ODP Administrator, or call 501-833-0550
ODP Registration Fee -- Winter Training Segment
Experienced players (boys and girls) born between January 1, 2000 and December 31, 2007 are eligible to participate in the 2017/18 ODP Winter Training Segment. In addition, players born in 2000 who are still in High School, may participate in the Training Segment and may be selected to participate in various Subregional events (including the ODP Subregional College Combine and the ODP Showcase Team events), but they will not be eligible to attend the Region III Trials. Players born prior to 1999 or after 2007 are not eligible, and there will not be any exceptions made to this policy!
Players will be grouped initially according to their birth year. Thus, players born in 2000 will be referred to as "00s", and players born in 2001 will be referred to as "01s". ODP groups are not the same as a player's club year grouping, so players from the same club team will often have different training groups (and even different training dates)!
- Online registration fee (November 6 - December 22, 2017): Age Groups 05-07 $150, Age Groups 01-04 $30 Tryout
Players must be registered and paid-in-full before they will be allowed to participate in any ODP events. If you need to split your registration fee into two installments, please contact Jennifer Pfeiffer to request this. In addition, players who are not rostered to an ASSA member association team for 2017/18 will incur an additional $50 fee.
New for 2017-18 ODP Tryouts for the 00-04 Age Groups
We have decided to go to a tryout procedure for most of the 11v11 age groups. We will have four tryout sessions total for players in Arkansas and we will select a team for each age group and gender to train January-July, 2017. Players will be required to attend at least one of the tryout sessions to be considered for the team. Players will be selected in December and invited to the first team session in January. Players will have 24 hours to respond to the acceptance letter and pay the $120 fee to continue training January-May, 2018.
ODP Functional Training Camps Dec 20-22, 2017 and March 19-21, 2018
Schedule for the 3 day (12-5pm) afternoon sessions exclusive for current ODP players for 2017-2018. The cost is **TBD for 13 hours of soccer plus dinner with the coaches. The first day will start with maintaining possession in the middle of the field, understanding the defensive thirds of the field, then finishing in the attacking third for three full days of building on the ODP curriculum (The topics may changed based on the training of the players Nov-Dec).**camp is an additional fee
ODP Goalkeeper Academy
The Goalkeeper Academy is for ALL the age groups (00-07s) with all of the goalkeepers in those ages both boys and girls expected to attend the sessions. The sessions give the coaches an opportunity to train smaller groups of players according to their age, gender, or abilities. Each session will be evaluated and added to the coaches notes for final selections at the end of the ODP season.
Each session on the schedule will still have a goalkeeper session for 45-60 minutes with the Goalkeeper coach (as available) then sent to the team sessions. It will be the same as last year for all ages (00-07s). The youngest ages (05-07s) are pre-ODP age groups where we expect the players to play every position on the field. Everyone is expected to be a field player first and a goalkeeper second so we can develop better overall soccer players with a solid technical foundation.
ODP Camps -- Summer Segment
Players who perform well at ODP sessions during the Winter Training Segment will be invited to participate in a variety of camps during the Summer Segment. The camps include in-state events, Subregional events, and the Region III ODP Trials. The costs for each camp range from $195 to $750 per player, plus travel expenses. Players will be scouted by members of the Region III Coaching Staff (and, in some cases, members of the US Soccer National Coaching Staff) at each of these events, and will be considered for advancement to the Regional and National Team programs available in their age groups.
Sponsorship and Scholarships
Additional financial support of ASSA will greatly enhance the experience of our elite players in the state. If you are interested or you know of a business that would like to sponsor our programs, please contact the ASSA State Office at 501-833-0550. In addition, players will have an opportunity to make a small donation to the program when they register, and we appreciate your contributions in any amount!
Because of the generosity of donors from across the state, we are able to offer a limited amount of financial assistance to players who cannot afford the full cost to participate in ODP. Full scholarships are not offered to anyone, but partial scholarships and payment plans are available to players who have a demonstrated financial need. For more information, please contact Jennifer Pfeiffer.