Job Listing: Executive Director | Arkansas State Soccer Association
The Executive Director runs the day-to-day business, financial and administrative operations of Arkansas State Soccer Association (ASSA). The position is also responsible for overseeing all aspects of registration for State programs, events, and works with other states regarding soccer operations. This position serves as a liaison between the Clubs, Leagues, Region III and pertinent external entities and ensures that ASSA is operating by its bylaws. The position reports to the President of ASSA and supports all programs and directions of the ASSA Board. Salary and benefit package DOQ.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and execute strategic plan and budget for ASSA on an annual basis with input from the Board of Directors. Coordinates the Annual General Meeting.
- Ensure ASSA is operating according to mission, vision and values along with all guidelines and policies of US Youth.
- Measure programming success with input from Board, committee chairs and members
- Forecast any foreseeable issues, changes or needs
- Provide community outreach, represent, and market ASSA within the community
- Maintain sponsorship contracts and ensure execution against existing commitments.
- Oversee website maintenance, content updates and manage website developers.
- Oversee and coordinate ASSA marketing and public relations using local media (e.g., community newspapers/publications) and social media.
- Prepares and submits grant proposals for alternate funding.
- Builds community relationships to help secure new partnerships and sponsorships.
- Serve as operational tournament director for all state run events.
- Oversee the management and execution of the online and onsite program registration process for all ASSA sponsored events (e.g., fall/spring leagues, Coaching education, ODP, team formations and tournaments).
- Provide oversight for uniforms ordering and delivery. Maintain relationship with uniform vendor(s).
- Oversee the management of state registrations and player/coach/manager card creation and distribution.
- Work with State Registrar to regularly communicate to clubs and leagues about Club updates.
- Assist with executing annual leases for rental spaces.
- Work with Treasurer and ASSA bookkeeper to maintain the state’s bookkeeping and financial records in accordance with State’s financial policies.
- Manage bank relationship and account maintenance/cash flow (transfers, deposits and investment of excess funds).
- Pay bills and manage debt with oversight by State Treasurer.
- Oversee financial transactions between teams , clubs and leagues owed to the State and financial contract and obligations with outside vendors.
- Prepare all payrolls, keep payroll records and payroll related documents and maintain relationship with the payroll vendor.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in business-related discipline from an accredited institution.
Licenses: None required
Experience: This position requires 5 years of progressively responsible experience in a related position, preferably non profit organization experience.
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with analytical and financial accounting reporting
- Detailed oriented and ability to produce accurate results
- Excellent prioritization, organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Team player with the ability to collaborate
- Strong knowledge of youth soccer
- Grant writing knowledge
- Reports to ASSA President
- Works closely with Director of Coaching, All Staff members and Treasurer
- Works with Board of Directors
To apply for this position:
Submit your resume and a minimum of two references to:
Executive Director Search
Arkansas State Soccer Association
9871 Brockington Road Suite 10
Sherwood, AR 72120
Or emailed: Resumes@ArkansasSoccer.org
Resumes must be received by November 30, 2016 to be considered
US Youth Soccer listings