2015/16 Arkansas State League
A league provided by Arkansas State Soccer Association for U11 - U18 classic and challenge teams
State League Commissioner: Roy Sitton
Arkansas Central State League Spring 2016 (U11 - U14)
STATE LEAGUE REGISTRATION - NOW OPEN
AR/OK Interstate League - Now Open
Please read below for a description of the two leagues as they vary on structure. You can select the league that best suits your team's needs.
List of applied teams (State League)
List of applied teams (Interstate League)
- Teams that register for the Central State League can opt to participate in play dates of the Northwest Interstate League (see info below) at no additional cost. Providing an additional variety of competition
Registration Deadline: Feb. 5, 2016
Preliminary Schedule: Feb. 12, 2016
State League Meeting, AGM: Feb. 20, 2016
Schedules must be finalized by Feb. 22, 2016
Crossover games with AR Northwest State League will be scheduled on April 9 - 10 or April 30.
Season ends April 24, 2016 (rain date and crossover games - April 30, May 1)
State Cup & State Championships: May 21 - 22, 2016
Gold, Silver, and Bronze will be offered if enough teams apply. Only teams that participate in the gold division are guaranteed entry into the gold division of the State Cup/Championships. Gold, Silver, and Bronze divisions will also be offered at the State Cup & State Championships if enough teams apply.
- The initial league roster will be based upon the team roster on August 24, 2015.
- For U11-U12 teams must maintain a minimum of the same 6 players continuously across all game rosters.
- For U13 - U14 teams must maintain a minimum of the same 9 players continuously across all game rosters.
- Home team/club is responsible for assigning referees
- Teams will split the cost of the referees.
AR Northwest Interstate League Spring 2016 (U11 - U14) Will include OK teams
Spring Play Dates: Teams may opt-out of one play date.
February 27: OK location
March 5: AR location
March 19: OK location
April 2: AR location
April 30: Rain date, make-up weekend
Registration is now open
Central AR teams (that have registered for the Central League, either last fall or this spring) may participate in one play date at no additional cost. Teams competing in the gold division of the State Championships are highly encouraged to participate. This will assist in seeding for the Cup.
We are excited to announce that Missouri and Kansas will join the league in the fall of 2016.
To minimize travel, team can chose which district they wish to participate.
- Northwest District: District 1,
- Central District: District 3
- Teams from other areas may join the district of their choice.
- Teams are given the opportunity to request divisions and to play up. All requests are subject to review by the ASL committee.
Teams must register for the Region III Premier League, USYS National League or AR State League to qualify for the AR State Championships. If a team registers and we are not able to provide a bracket, then the team can use another US Youth sanctioned league (approved by the ASSA State League Committee) to qualify for the AR State Championships.
Teams will only be able to seek outside leagues approved by ASSA in the event a division in an age group does not form. Teams must have registered for league. There are several factors that go in the decision of whether an age group will form in a bracket, including but not limited to geography, competition level, overall logistics, number of teams, etc.
Seeding: The AR State League will be used for seeding of teams at the AR State Championships. Teams that participate in the Regional or National Leagues will be awarded the first and second seeds regardless of any other standings. If the two teams that participated in the Regional league are from the same district a coin flip will decide which team goes into which bracket.
The top four teams (including the premier league teams) from each district league automatically qualify for the AR State Championships.
If there are ten teams that qualify for the AR State Championships the Premier League teams receive a bye until the semi-finals.
Fall 2016: Fields will be under US Soccer guidelines for 5v5, 7v7, 9v9
Fall 2016: Require all coaches in the league to have an E license in order to coach.
Fall 2017: Require all coaches in the league to have a D license in order to coach teams in the gold division.
For the good of the game in 5 years:
- Four District/Region Leagues
- Age true brackets with 6 teams/age group
- Three Divisions or levels of competition
- Two Premier League teams from Arkansas per age group
**Field usage fees for Burns Park: any team/club scheduling a game at Burns Park will be responsible for paying the field usage fee.
www.nlrpr.org/rentals: To view Field reservations
- To reserve fields: call Temeka Martin 501-791-8541 (M-TH 6:30 am - 3:30 pm, Fri 8 am - 12 pm)
- $30 per game/field without the use of lights
- $40 per game/field with the use of lights
- (this is for a full size field for two hours) smaller fields will be pro-rated.
- Burns Park does not provide referees. The home team is responsible for securing referees
Field Usage Fees for Arkadelphia:
- $20 per day ($20 extra per hour for lights)
- Contact: Mike Volz 870-246-5499
- Burns Park: 501-791-8656
- Rainout Line number: 501-798-0200
- Our new Rainout Line offers you a FREE iPhone and Android app to quickly check the status information.
- NLR Parks and Rec Home Page and Status Board
- www.nlrpr.org/rentals: to view field reservations
- Maumelle: 501-803-3999
- Riverdale and Verizon: 501-603-9880
- Lakewood: 501-771-9973
- Bryant: 501-213-5455